GENERAL RULES FOR ADMISSION
1.Total intake – awaiting for NCTE’s approval
Distribution of seats:
1).Fresh candidates: (district- wise)
2). In-service Candidates: GTs and PGTs
3) Differently abled
4) Candidates from outside states
In case of unfilled seats by the candidates in any of the above category will be allotted to other candidates on merit basis.
Minimum Requirements for entry into Govt. B.Ed College,Soreng, West Sikkim.
- Candidates should have undergone 3yrs B.A/B.Sc/B.Com chiefessays.net pass Course/Honors Course /Post Graduation Course from the UGC recognized Institutions.
- Candidates should have taken School Teaching Subjects at the Graduation/Post Graduation Level.
- Candidates with Vocational Course / IT / B.Tech/ Journalism/B.P.Ed are not allowed admission.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General Category,47% for OBC and 45 % for SC & ST Category. (This is as per the state norms.)
- If the stated percentage is not fulfilled, marks obtained in the Post Graduation level can also be considered for applying.
- Candidates who have appeared in the last semester Examination but if the result is not declared, they are not eligible to apply for the course.
- After filling on-line form, the candidate should download the filled –up form and submit the same with following documents in the administrative section of the Govt. B.Ed College,Soreng,West Sikkim as per the time given.
- Class Ten Mark sheet and Certificate.
- Class twelve mark sheet and certificate.
- Graduation mark sheet and Certificate/Post graduation mark sheet and Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- O.I Certificate.
- Two Pass port size photograph.
8. Date for entrance Test and Admit card will be given at the time of submission of forms at the College.
9. Admission will be done on Merit.
10. Merit list will be calculated by considering 40% marks obtained debate topics in the Graduation/Post Graduation level and 60% from the entrance test provided the candidate gets the cut of marks of 40 in the entrance test.
11. Result will be declared after necessary approval from the higher authority of the HRD Department.